Canada Cartage recognizes the critical role that we play in the supply chain of our customers. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented a number of measures to minimize potential disruptions to our customers, and to ensure the well-being of our employees.
Actions taken to date include:
- implemented a daily COVID-19 conference call of senior management staff from across Canada to ensure the timely communication of information from the field to head office, and vice versa. The call will focus on staff wellness and absences, customer supply chain disruptions, and action items to address them
- creating contingency plans with third-party driver service and transportation providers if we require additional driver capacity
- developing contingency plan for remote fuel suppliers and third-party maintenance providers to ensure uninterrupted service
- increased workplace health and safety communication with staff around ways to minimize risks of spreading germs and viruses; examples include hand washing, workstation cleaning, and avoiding unnecessary contact such as shaking hands
- self-reporting and self-isolation policies if employees are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or
- have travelled to a high risk country
- carpooling options for staff who use public transportation, in the event that it shuts down in their city
- remote work options for staff who can perform their duties from home
- identification of back-up support staff to be cross-trained on critical tasks and job responsibilities
- elimination of non-essential travel for work, and encouraging limited face-to-face meetings with customers and suppliers
The continuity of your business remains of the utmost importance to us at Canada Cartage. We appreciate your cooperation and collaboration as we collectively work through these extraordinary circumstances. We will continue to communicate any updates to you in a transparent and timely manner.